proposed media type registration: application/voicexml+xml

Martin Duerst duerst at w3.org
Wed Dec 17 00:12:56 CET 2003

Hello Linus,

At 23:43 03/12/16 +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
>tis 2003-12-16 klockan 22.32 skrev Martin Duerst:
>
> > I just by chance realized that you had removed the 'charset'
> > parameter from the registration for application/voicexml+xml,
> > and also for application/ssml+xml. I have found something similar
> > in other recent registration proposals.
>
>Now, wait a second here.
>
>Now there is Martin Duerst from W3.org telling us that we must
>indeed include a "charset" parameter with our foo/bar+xml
>MIME transport types.
>
>Then there is Chris Lilley of the same W3.org telling us *repeatedly*
>to remove it:

First, we are on an IETF list, which means that we are all acting
as concerned individuals, and that we are mainly interested in
getting the best possible solution.

>Now, I've been trusting Chris up til now, simply because he
>represents W3.org.
>
>You are of course welcome to run your internal disputes on the
>issue on these lists if you like, but when you're already at the
>same organizational body, could you *PLEASE* book an internal meeting
>and try to formulate a consensus from the W3.org side on how you
>think this thing should be handled? After all, you invented XML.

Sorry I forgot to mention it, but Chris and me actually had such a
'meeting' last week, and the email I wrote was the result of this
(and a phone call with Max).

Regards,      Martin.