Need decisions on proposed new and updated subtags

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Tue Jan 31 17:39:16 CET 2017

On Thursday, January 12, Michael Everson wrote:

>> 3. Spanglish variant
>> http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2017-January/013575.html
>> http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2017-January/013579.html
>>	Variant: spanglis
>
> I’ll extend it, but am strongly minded to approve. I don’t find the
> other arguments convincing, not so far anyway.

It's been more than two weeks, so it's time for a decision.

Note that CLDR seems to be moving forward with expanding the -t-
extension to cover so-called "hybrid locales," so approving 'spanglis'
might ultimately result in two different mechanisms for essentially the
same thing.

http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/9956
http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/trunk/specs/ldml/tr35.html
http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/trunk/common/bcp47/transform_hybrid.xml

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org