Spanglish

Mark Davis ☕️ mark at macchiato.com
Tue Jan 3 08:15:55 CET 2017

-u- is syntacticly unsuitable, as well as being a worse fit semantically.
You can use es-t-en-c0 or es-t-en-gb-c0. You can't use es-u-en-c0, or
es-u-en-gb-c0 because any two letter subtag is a reserved keyword.

I was not arguing in favor of using -u- extension for code-switch
languages, just saying that it /is/ a broad mechanism.

Mark