Latin Variants

Andrew Dunning andrew.dunning at utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 30 20:06:17 CEST 2016

> On 30 Mar 2016, at 3:42 pm, Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com> wrote:
>
> I am now confused. That file doesn’t mention “Oxford”.
>
> It gives the default as the orthography of the Vatican city (spelling and hyphenation)

I am using the Oxford Latin Dictionary only as a commonly cited definition of classical orthography and vocabulary. The default there would be the equivalent of ‘la’, and ‘la-latclass’ would allow one to use a restricted dictionary based on this, or switch to the hyphenation patterns at <http://mirror.ctan.org/language/hyph-utf8/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex/hyph-la-x-classic.tex>.

All best,

Andrew