request for subtag for Elfdalian

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Tue Mar 1 01:54:39 CET 2016

Peter Constable scripsit:

> @John: Your comparison to English as a "roof" for Welsh is an
> apples-to-oranges comparison because the two are from distinct language
> families.

Fine, take French and Picard, then.  The difference is that Picard
is spoken in Belgium (where it is recognized as an official regional
language) as well as France (where it is is not).  Elfdalian has no
such advantage.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
But no living man am I!  You look upon a woman.  Eowyn I am, Eomund's daughter.
You stand between me and my lord and kin.  Begone, if you be not deathless.
For living or dark undead, I will smite you if you touch him.