request for subtag for Elfdalian

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Fri Jan 22 20:24:51 CET 2016

Kent Karlsson wrote:

> As a different language, it should not be given a variant subtag, but
> a primary language subtag (five-letter one, if the RA does not assign
> a three-letter one).

Are we sure we are prepared to make that particular statement,
effectively repudiating the expertise of the RA?

I would expect the mechanism under Section 3.6, bullet point 1 to be
used rather for things that are indisputably discrete languages, but
which the RA has chosen not to encode for other reasons, such as Toki
Pona.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸