request for subtag for Elfdalian

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Apr 18 03:27:35 CEST 2016

Kent Karlsson wrote:

> The thing is that Elfdalian (I still don't like that naming!)

Sorry, that's what it's called in English. It is not called anything
that starts with A or Ä or Ö in English.

> is a separate language ***for purely linguistic reasons***. There is
> **no** question about trying to newly **establish** it as such. There
> is a question about **recognising** the linguistic fact that it is a
> separate language.

Right, so trying to persuade the RA to reverse its decision and issue a
code element is about getting them to recognize this, to the extent that
it supersedes the political and diplomatic considerations. It has
nothing to do with whether failure to issue a code element might hinder
development of the language.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸