Basic English

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Nov 26 23:12:46 CET 2015

On 26 Nov 2015, at 18:34, Mark Davis ☕️ <mark at macchiato.com> wrote:

> At this point, I've pretty much given up on this process. Someone comes in with a legitimate need for variant that would be deployed on wikipedia (a pretty darn'd high-volume site), and be generally useful. What happens? This gets sidetracked into promoting an obscure variant that will get vanishingly small usage.​

I proposed both subtags, Mark, and have been waiting for feedback from Amir on wpsimple. I don’t think this would have got “sidetracked” had Shawn not suggested (bizarrely, in my view, with respect to him) that Basic English’s controlled vocabulary somehow made it a different language rather than a variety of English.