Bengali vs. Bangla

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Wed Nov 25 21:25:22 CET 2015

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> That would be a "translation" field, and RFC 5646 pretty much rules out
> adding that to the Registry, at least on a systematic basis. (We do
> include RA-supplied translations, as for 'csc'.)

It's precisely RA-supplied translations or transliterations that the OP
referred to.  If ISO 639-3 starts to include those, I assume we will too,
since we include every name that 639 does.

> 4. Add a secondary Description field on our own.

Or wait until the RA does so.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Ambassador Trentino: I've said enough. I'm a man of few words.
Rufus T. Firefly: I'm a man of one word: scram!    --Duck Soup