gc-ao1990 request - Galician Wikipedia (was: Re: Current requests)

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri May 22 17:34:53 CEST 2015

Luc,

Please feel free to write to the editors of the Novas de Galicia, explain your request, and see what they have to say.

Otherwise it seems to me that you are arguing in the abstract (not about your actual need to tag data), and crystal-ball gazing.

> Anyway, what I was trying to say is only that Galician spelling is a sensitive issue, so we should tread carefully.

And this is why I preferred regional subtags for pt-**-ao1990, and why I don’t see a reason to rush in to add a prefix for Galician, when evidently one publication (about which we know little) uses it.

Aside: Shall we encode subtags for EVERY proposal for English spelling reform?

Why not go off and implement ao1990 and come back when actual problems are found?