gc-ao1990 request - Galician Wikipedia (was: Re: Current requests)

Luc Pardon lucp at skopos.be
Wed May 20 20:34:04 CEST 2015

On 20-05-15 02:35, Michael Everson wrote:
> I am not convinced that the practice of one online publication, particularly in the absence of any information about this in other Galician sources, is sufficient grounds in this case.

David and others have adequately refuted your "insufficient quantity"
argument, I'll take the "other sources" argument.

By "absence of any information about this in other Galician sources",
you are clearly referring to your earlier statement that "the Galegan
Wikipedia articles on orthography don’t mention the AO 1990".

I find it hard to believe that you're being serious here. There is
plenty of evidence elsewhere. The Portuguese WP on AO1990 _does_ mention
the adoption of AO1990 by the "Novas de Galicia", it references a
third-party article that reports about the switch, and the newspaper's
own website states the same.

Yet you say that's not enough, that you don't believe it because the
Galician WP doesn't mention it?

OK, if that's what it takes, no problem, it has been taken care of. As
of today, your "other Galician sources" now also state that the "Novas
de Galicia" adopted AO1990 back in 2011. See:

https://gl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ortograf%C3%ADa#Ortograf.C3.ADa_do_galego

Do you believe it now?

By the way, it would have been helpful if you had provided a reference
to those "articles on orthography". I could find only one article that
talks about the orthography of Galician (as opposed to orthography in
general, or of other languages), and that is the one above. Are there
any others?

Luc Pardon