Revised records and registration forms for Portuguese variants

Phillips, Addison addison at lab126.com
Sat Mar 28 00:33:51 CET 2015

> This tries to achieve what I suggested, but does *not* achieve it, since
> "Prefix" is used the mechanism.

I don't understand what the problem with Prefix is? Any subtag can be used inappropriately in a valid tag. I can write tags like "tlh-AQ-rozaj", "ta-valencia" or "ru-scouse" in ignorance of the Prefix. This doesn't make them correct.

Implementations (of language tag picking tools) and users are supposed to pay attention to these things. Making the subtag contain specific additional letters suggestive of a region doesn't really solve the problem any better, except that it creates move varieties of subtag that seem strictly necessary.

Addison