Revised records and registration forms for Portuguese variants

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at telia.com
Fri Mar 27 23:19:02 CET 2015

This tries to achieve what I suggested, but does *not* achieve it, since
"Prefix" is used the mechanism.

/Kent K

Den 2015-03-27 18:05, skrev "Doug Ewell" <doug at ewellic.org>:

> Are these acceptable to all?

RFC 5646 only requires a review period of one
> additional week before
these modified forms can be submitted to IANA. Michael
> can extend this
review period two weeks at a time for further discussion
> (with
notification to the list) if he sees fit.

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG
> MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2015-xx-xx
%%
Type: variant
Subtag:
> abl1943
> de
  Letras
Added: 2015-xx-xx
Prefix: pt
Comments: Denotes conventions
> established in 1943 and generally used in
  Brazil until 2009

---

LANGUAGE
> SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

1. Name of requester:
    Andrew Glass

2. E-mail
    anglass at microsoft.com

3. Record
> Requested:

Type: variant
Subtag: abl1943
> orthographic reform, Academia Brasileira de
  Letras
Prefix: pt
Comments:
> Denotes conventions established in 1943 and generally used in
  Brazil until
> 2009

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:
     Denotes Portuguese orthography
> conventions established in 1943.

5. Reference to published description of the
> language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reforms_of_Portuguese_orthography

---

LANGUAGE
> SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2015-xx-xx
%%
Type: variant
Subtag:
> ao1990

> Ortográfico de 1990)
Added: 2015-xx-xx
Prefix: pt-BR
Prefix: pt-CV
Prefix:
> pt-PT
Comments: Portuguese orthography conventions established in 1990 but

> not brought into effect until 2009

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

1.
> Name of requester:
    Andrew Glass

2. E-mail address of requester:

> anglass at microsoft.com

3. Record Requested:

Type: variant
Subtag:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Language_Orthographic_Agreement_of_19
> 90

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2015-xx-xx
%%
Type:
> variant
Subtag: colb1945
> Convention of 1945
  (Convenção Ortográfica Luso-Brasileira de 1945)
Added:
> 2015-xx-xx
Prefix: pt-BR
Prefix: pt-PT
Comments: Portuguese orthography
> conventions established in 1945,
  generally in effect until 2009, except in
> Brazil

---

    anglass at microsoft.com

3.
> Record Requested:

Type: variant
Subtag: colb1945
> Portuguese-Brazilian Orthographic Convention of 1945
  (Convenção Ortográfica
> Luso-Brasileira de 1945)
Prefix: pt-BR
Prefix: pt-PT