Registration request for new subtags for Portuguese orthographies

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Mar 23 22:36:46 CET 2015

"Andrew Glass (WINDOWS)" <Andrew dot Glass at Microsoft dot com> wrote:

> intent, all or some of the characteristics of the Portuguese
> Orthographic Agreement of 1990 (Acordo Ortográfico de 1990).

I do think we need to keep the Description field reasonably brief, as it
was originally:

  Ortográfico de 1990)

Description fields should identify the subtag, and are not meant to be
encyclopedic or all-encompassing (Section 3.1.5, para 2). I meant for
these to be list discussion points, but if we absolutely have to embed
the "all or some" bit in the Registry, the Comments field would be a
better choice. (I've always pushed back against overloading the Comments
field too, but this is unprecedented controversy.)

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸