Registration request for new subtags for Portuguese orthographies

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Mar 23 21:21:38 CET 2015

Andrew,

I was likewise offended by Peter’s characterization of “continued blocking” on my part when I have been attempting to raise valid issues and have them discussed, and by his summary dismissal of my taking my time before “formally stating” my opinion of the requests.

Peter and I know each other a good while now and we usually get on quite well. Each can abrade the other, though, and we are well able to work out or differences on our own.

I should prefer to remain focused on my request that explicit, thorough summary narrative discussion of the three proposals and their sources be produced by supporters of the proposals, in particular in relation to the resolution of considerable ambiguity in identifying what kind of range of options are to be envisioned in the most recent orthography.

Michael