Registration request for new subtags for Portuguese orthographies

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 23 17:15:48 CET 2015

John,

You have given this absolute monarch/privy council narrative before. I have never accepted this and still do not: a dictatorship is not appropriate in a standards-related sphere. It's fine until a perfectly reasonable request needed for interoperability in real implementations gets blocked, and even one instance of that is too many. This is not the first instance.

> there is always an appeal to the IESG.

Does it really need to take Cromwellian turmoil to make this process work?

Peter