Deprecating grandfathered tags redux

Caoimhin O Donnaile caoimhin at smo.uhi.ac.uk
Tue Mar 10 00:28:12 CET 2015

>  en-GB-oed
>
> There seem to be three schools of thought: (1) deprecate and add variant
> 'oxendict', (2) deprecate and add variant 'oxford', (3) do nothing. More
> discussion is needed.

I think (2) is a bad idea, because I think if people see en-oxford they
are likely, despite what the description may say, to use it for tagging
Oxford dialect, either the posh dialect or the regional dialect, neither
of which has anything to do with en-GB-oed.

If people don't like the 'oxen', there are other possibilities, such as
'oxfdict'.

CaoimhĂ­n