Scotland (was: Re: Add Likely Subtags first step)

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sun Jan 25 23:52:56 CET 2015

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> There are a great many language-region combinations, like "ca-BT",
> where it's basically impossible to figure out what distinction the
> tagger had in mind.

As I posted back in 2005:

    Who knows? Someday the Dine may walk in beauty in the apple fields
    of Fyn or beneath the modern buildings of Copenhagen. Stranger
    things have happened.

In other words, whether "nv-DK" is a meaningful tag is historically
contingent, and the same for "ca-BT".

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Monday we watch-a Firefly's house, but he no come out.  He wasn't home.
Tuesday we go to the ball game, but he fool us.  He no show up.  Wednesday he
go to the ball game, and we fool him.  We no show up.  Thursday was a
double-header.  Nobody show up.  Friday it rained all day.  There was no ball
game, so we stayed home and we listened to it on-a the radio.  --Chicolini