Region subtags and orthographic variants (was: Re: registration requests re Portuguese)

Yury yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 20:47:31 CEST 2015

On 04/16/2015 07:52 AM, Mark Davis ☕️ wrote:
>  > pt-ao1990-PT
>
> Syntactically that is impossible for language tags. The ordering must be
> as specified in https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp47#section-2.1.

How so? Oh wait, section 2.2.4 rule 1, overriding the ABNF spec in the
same document, which, as it turns out, is just for show.
Who writes specifications like this, anyway?.. Ah.

I'm almost not surprised now by the way Michael stomps over the
discussions here -- there would be no foreseeable resolution, otherwise.

Tell me guys, please, does somebody really understand this workflow 'as
it is' -- like what 'goes' and what 'goes not'?

-Yury