Registration request for new subtag 'barla'

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Nov 25 02:49:32 CET 2013

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> Also, I'm not wild about the new term "macro dialect," which sounds
> formally defined when it might not be, and also sounds a lot like
> "macrolanguage." But Michael and Peter can help decide this.

It's a standard linguistic term, normally written with a hyphen.  It
refers to a group of dialects with some degree of similarity, so
the prefix "macro" has the same sense in both terms.  (By contrast,
"macrolanguage" is not a standard term: it's ISO-specific.)

--
No,  John.  I want formats that are actually       John Cowan
useful, rather than over-featured megaliths that   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
address all questions by piling on ridiculous      cowan at ccil.org
internal links in forms which are hideously
over-complex. --Simon St. Laurent on xml-dev