[webfinger] Language tag too specific (Was: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-webfinger-10.txt> (WebFinger) to Proposed Standard

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Mar 18 09:57:10 CET 2013

"Martin J. Dürst" scripsit:

> "titles" :
>             {
>                 "en-us" : "The Magical Theater of Bob",
>                 "en-gb" : "The magical theatre of Bob",
>                 "en-GB" : "The Magical Theatre of Bob",
>                 "fr" : "Le Théâtre Magique de Bob"

It hardly matters, since this is valid JSON:

  "titles" :
              {
                  "en" : "Tyre centre",
                  "en" : "Tire center",
                  "en" : "Tire centre"
              }

To use JSON usefully, you must lay down a rule about non-duplicated
keys that is outside the scope of RFC 4627.

--
Why are well-meaning Westerners so concerned that   John Cowan
the opening of a Colonel Sanders in Beijing means   cowan at ccil.org
the end of Chinese culture? [...]  We have had      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Chinese restaurants in America for over a century,
and it hasn't made us Chinese.  On the contrary,
we obliged the Chinese to invent chop suey.            --Marshall Sahlins