Descriptions for Volapük variants

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Jan 9 19:57:11 CET 2012

and John Cowan <cowan at mercury dot ccil dot org> wrote:

> The names of Schleyer and De Jong are far better known in connection
> with the two dialects than their Volapuk descriptions are. In fact,
> I would propose 'schleyer' rather than 'jleyer' for even more
> readability.

In that case, should the Description entries "Schleyerian Volapük" and
"Dejongian Volapük" appear first in their respective records, ahead of
the other descriptions?  This is not normative in BCP 47, but often
provides a strong hint as to the "preferred" description.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14
www.ewellic.org | www.facebook.com/doug.ewell | @DougEwell ­