gender voice variants

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 20 05:17:36 CET 2012

I've tried to make clear in other messages that I think these issues are outside the scope of what is appropriate for language tags and that there is no appropriate usage scenario for them.

I would _not_ support variant subtags, and probably not even an extension, for representation of grammatical gender distinctions (aka noun classes) in language tags.

Peter