gender voice variants

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Thu Dec 20 00:14:29 CET 2012

Peter Constable wrote:

> Per my other posts, while the notion of grammatical gender can be more
> complex in languages such as Luganda (Bantu languages are prime
> examples of such complexity), I think these distinctions can be ruled
> as out of scope for language tags since I don't think there's a good
> use case for capturing grammatical gender distinctions in language
> tags.

But I thought the original use case that sparked this whole discussion
was to capture the distinction between a male voice saying "In one-half
mile, turn left onto Colfax Avenue" and a female voice saying the same
thing. Isn't that even less of a taggable distinction than when the
words change?

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA
http://www.ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­