pseudo-localization variants

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Wed Dec 19 23:02:29 CET 2012

Michael Everson scripsit:

> I would imagine it would have to have some sort of repeatable reality
> to it. What *is* pseudo-localized text? How does it differ from
> Lorem ipsum?

Lorem ipsum text is meant to be unintelligible, so that the person
who looks at a layout including it will see the layout and not be
distracted by the content.  Pseudo-localized text is meant to be
completely intelligible to someone who reads English (as I trust this
is), but uses one of a variety of orthographies employing letters other
than the English ones, often including non-Latin ones, and often
decorating the text with brackets or doubling the vowels in it.

--
Let's face it: software is crap. Feature-laden and bloated, written under
tremendous time-pressure, often by incapable coders, using dangerous