gender voice variants

Broome, Karen Karen.Broome at am.sony.com
Tue Dec 18 19:13:47 CET 2012

Agree, not a transformation. This would seem to be relevant in any sort of user interface that attempted to target a user by gender rather than taking a "he/she" or other one-size-fits-all approach.

Also, referencing an earlier e-mail about why these items were left out of the spec previously, the idea of including information about whether the language was "spoken/written/signed/etc." was supported by several members at the time, especially those who had uses for the language tag in audiovisual contexts. Ideas like interspecies interplanetary communication were viewed to be, um, "out there"....

Regards,

Karen