Language subtag registration for 1990aolp

João Miguel Neves joao at silvaneves.org
Thu Sep 15 12:04:07 CEST 2011

First of all, thank you all for the feedback. I learned a lot more than
I was expecting, which is great.

This is the first of two emails (one for 1990aolp and one for 1945colb).
I also have a template prepared for 1911buo, but I'll wait until
something closer to a consensus is reached on its need (Francisco,
António: I've sent you the template directly, feel free to submit to the
list whenever you feel it makes sense). Changes from previous submissions:

 * Variant tag name changes as a result of the discussion.
 * The acor1971 was replaced by 1945colb (as I learned the difference of
a major language reform).
 * References where provided by Francisco and António.

Francisco, António - I didn't credit you on the 1990aolp submission
given your opposition to the references used. If I assumed too much just
say and I will gladly change that.

So here's the (hopefully final) proposal:

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM
 1. Name of requester: João Miguel Neves
 2. E-mail address of requester: joao at silvaneves.org
 3. Record Requested:

    Type: variant
    Subtag: 1990aolp
    Prefix: pt
    Comments: Portuguese orthography as defined by an international
      agreement signed in 1990 and implemented from 2009

 4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

This variant subtag is intended to apply to text that uses the modern
Portuguese orthography introduced in an international agreement signed
in 1990 and implemented from 2009.

 5. Reference to published description
    of the language (book or article):

The full text of the Agreement (Acordo Ortográfico da Língua
Portuguesa (1990)) as part of the Portuguese Parliament Resolution
n. 26/91: http://dre.pt/pdf1sdip/1991/08/193A00/43704388.pdf

The official vocabulary is at http://www.portaldalinguaportuguesa.org/
as defined by the Minister's Council Resolution n. 8/2011:
http://dre.pt/pdf1sdip/2011/01/01700/0048800489.pdf