Applying for a Neo Subtag

Mark Davis ☕ (sıʌɐp ʞɹɐɯ) mark at macchiato.com
Mon Mar 7 20:49:05 CET 2011

No, you can't ditch them all; not saying you can.

Particles or word order are so very much simpler than inflections for one of
the key problems we are faced with: parameter substitution. That is,
substituting variables in sentences templates like "{person} viewed {number}
{things} on {date}". Inflexions would be ok if they were perfectly regular
and never overlapped with other words—but that never happens, so they are
extremely painful.

Mark

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*