Variant subtag request: iso91995

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Sep 15 22:53:13 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Phillips, Addison <addison at lab126.com> wrote:

> I think my bigger concern is: there are no end to transliteration schemes.

There is no end to dialects either, but now that other agencies are
fully supporting languages, regions, and scripts, these things are all
that's left of this list's original universal remit.

> Dreaming up semi-meaningful subtags for them all could be a serious distraction.

>From what serious work that this list has to do?  Some people need
romanization and dialect subtags, and this is where they get them, and
pretty expeditiously too, compared to the 1-2 year turnaround at SIL.