Variant subtag request: iso91995

Phillips, Addison addison at lab126.com
Wed Sep 15 22:42:17 CEST 2010

I think my bigger concern is: there are no end to transliteration schemes. Dreaming up semi-meaningful subtags for them all could be a serious distraction. Perhaps it would be better to create an extension in which the subtags could have a more relaxed relationship to one-another? For example, "ru-Latn-t-iso9-1995" or "ru-Latn-t-LC-1997". This also plays more nicely with other kinds of variants, since it is enforced to come after all of them. Just a thought.....

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect (Lab126)
Chair (W3C I18N, IETF IRI WGs)

Internationalization is not a feature.