Proposed new variant subtag: pre1917

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Wed Sep 15 22:42:31 CEST 2010

Avram Lyon <ajlyon at ucla dot edu> wrote:

> Should I go ahead and submit another revised request for the post-1917
> orthography with a new name? The choice of name is not important to me
> at all.

I would suggest resubmitting both forms, changing the Description field
for 'petrine' to "Petrine Russian orthography" as suggested by Michael.

I will post the corresponding records on the list.  The earliest we
could get these off to IANA as a batch would be September 28.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14 | ietf-languages @ is dot gd slash 2kf0s ­