Variant subtag request: iso91995

Avram Lyon ajlyon at ucla.edu
Tue Sep 14 21:06:04 CEST 2010

Dear IETF Languages members:

As promised, I have another romanization variant subtag request for
your consideration. This romanization is defined for a great many
languages, so I opted to not define a prefix for it. The romanization
and its coverage of Cyrillic scripts is defined in the ISO document
referenced in the request, but it is also available at
http://github.com/ajlyon/translit/blob/master/translit-systems.js#L366
, in the form of a transliteration table that I've written up.

I'm not terribly happy with the subtag 'iso91995', but I'm having
trouble coming up with a valid alternative.

I look forward to your comments.

Best,

Avram

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM
   1. Name of requester: Avram Lyon
   2. E-mail address of requester: ajlyon at ucla.edu
   3. Record Requested:

      Type: variant
      Subtag: iso91995
      Prefix:
      Preferred-Value:
      Deprecated:
      Suppress-Script:
      Comments:

   4. Intended meaning of the subtag:
Text presented in the ISO 9:1995 romanization of Cyrillic.
   5. Reference to published description
      of the language (book or article):
Information and documentation -- Transliteration of Cyrillic
characters into Latin characters -- Slavic and non-Slavic languages,
International Standard (Reference number ISO 9:1995(E)). (Geneva,
Switzerland: International Organization for Standardization, February
15, 1995).
   6. Any other relevant information: