Proposed new variant subtag: pre1917

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 19:48:23 CEST 2010

On 09/14/2010 06:18 PM, Doug Ewell wrote:
> We will still need a registration form, with a suitable Description
> field and references, for the modern (post-1917/8) orthography.

I have no stake in these tags, still I'd ask,
was there anything fundamentally "wrong" with
(my) proposals for these '-peter' and '-1918',
and what is the merit of, say, '-shakhmat' over
'-1918'.

It was my understanding that all the effort of
year and codification ID is necessary only when
lacking some more distinct characteristic.

-Yury