suppress-script values for fil, mi, pes, prs, qu members

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Oct 21 19:15:41 CEST 2010

On 21 Oct 2010, at 15:24, Peter Constable wrote:

> From: Michael Everson [mailto:everson at evertype.com]
>
>> You just said that MS localizes into quz. Not the other forty.
>
> So, you think it would make sense to add s-s to quz but not the rest? (I'll keep that in mind the next time you want to encode characters to complete a paradigm.)

When you agree that all Latin letters should be encoded as case-pairs, I'll take this comment seriously. But I'm not impressed by threats, Peter. (You tried to use my own words against me in Busan, too; it was not an effective strategy.)

> I don't want to add subtags: I'm not asking to add subtags in the registry, and I don't want users to include the Latn subtag in tags based on quz. The most reliable way to effect the latter is to add a s-s field to the record for quz so that the data in the registry reflects what we here know: that a Latn subtag would be redundant and unnecessary when used with quz. (And likewise for the other cases I've mentioned.)

So you want us to prcess 50 change requests here to plug a leak based on the way you have "really" implemented. And most of those requests are for things you don't really need.