Missing subtags 003 and 172

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri Jul 30 19:01:37 CEST 2010

On 30 Jul 2010, at 17:48, Phillips, Addison wrote:

> Whereas 003 *is* a continent and thus should have been included.

Doug asserted:

>> We cannot simply decide we want to change the rules and allow previously excluded values.

My view is that I don't care. My job is really linguistic content. I would prefer to approve 003 and 172, however, than to have to bear with weeks of arguing about whether they can be proposed or not. Or I would prefer to have you post an RFC for this if that is the way it must be done.