Language Variant subtags for Sanskrit

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at telia.com
Wed Jul 14 22:12:56 CEST 2010

Note that there are several primary language subtags in LSR that
have "classical" in their description:

nwc        Classical Newari
syc        Classical Syriac
cmg        Classical Mongolian
myz        Classical Mandaic
nci        Classical Nahuatl
que        Classical Quechua
xcl        Classical Armenian
xct        Classical Tibetan

Plus "old ...", "middle ...", "ancient ...", and other historic languages
which may be considered "classical" by some.

This alone makes is a vary bad idea to have "classical"/similar as a
variant subtag, whatever one may think of it otherwise.

    /Kent K