Changing definition of German (was: Re: ISO 639-3 releases list of 2009 changes)

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Sat Jan 23 21:58:31 CET 2010

Leif Halvard Silli <xn dash dash mlform dash iua at xn dash dash mlform
dash iua dot no> wrote:

> It looks as if macrolanguages status is most often awarded to a code
> which cover two or more "language instances" that aren't divided by a
> border. That is: When there is no region tag to make the distinction.

I doubt this, since it is ISO 639-3/RA that confers macrolanguage
status, and region subtags aren't part of ISO 639-3.

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­