Variant subtag proposal: Høgnorsk variety of Norwegian

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at comhem.se
Sat Jan 2 12:37:43 CET 2010

Den 2010-01-02 00.04, skrev "Leif Halvard Silli"
<xn--mlform-iua at xn--mlform-iua.no>:

>> If the tagger knows that the text is in Høgnorsk, then the tagger also
>> knows that it is nynorsk, not bokmål. There is no reason to ever use
>> "no-hognorsk".
>
> So tell my why that line of argumentation doesn't apply to Chinese?

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to here. But if someone
put forward a proposal to have a variant subtag "foobar" for a dialect
of Cantonese (yue), the prefixes should be "yue" and (unfortunately,
also) "zh-yue" (due to the extlang stuff), but NOT "zh" as a prefix.

    /kent k