ISO 639-3 changes: Latvian and Bontok

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 23:56:53 CET 2010

Hi!

Doug, I am in agreement with Kent on these; If I were you I would say 'lav'/'lv' as it is [lv] that you have registered as a macro-language--in fact I think the macro-language has to be two-character but in the 'other relevant info' field you should specify both codes. Otherwise you've got it right; you should use [lv] for the macro-language field in the record.

  "This registration tracks a change made to ISO 639-3 effective
   2010-01-20, reclassifying 'lv'/'lav' (Latvian) as a macrolanguage
   encompassing 'ltg' (Latgalian) and 'lvs' (Standard Latvian)."

(I hope I've got this right.)

Best,

C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com