ISO 639-3 changes, part 5

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Fri Feb 19 14:04:14 CET 2010

Re: ISO 639-3 changes, part 5Kent Karlsson wrote:

>>  Type: language > Subtag: prs > Description: Afghan Persian >
>
> Though not formally required, we've had the policy to have the 639-3
> reference name as the first description field. In this case the
> reference name is "Dari".

Good catch.  See replacement data below.

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2010-03-05
%%
Type: language
Subtag: prs
Added: 2009-07-29
Macrolanguage: fa
%%

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

1. Name of requester: Doug Ewell
2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org
3. Record Requested:

   Type: language
   Subtag: prs
   Macrolanguage: fa

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

5. Reference to published description
   of the language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

   This registration tracks a change made to ISO 639-3 effective
   2010-01-20, changing the reference name for 'prs' from "Eastern
   Farsi; Dari" to "Dari; Afghan Persian".  The existing Macrolanguage
   attribute in the Registry is not affected by this change.

   For more information on the ISO 639-3 change, refer to
   http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/cr_files/639-3_ChangeRequests_2009_Summary.pdf
.

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org