Last call: Latvian (and Bontok) extlang subtags

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 11 22:57:19 CET 2010

Hi.   I've given this matter a bit more thought.
Regarding Bontoc/Bontok [bnc], these varieties have not really previously appeared on the web (they have appeared perhaps in a few dictionaries/word lists, or none at all).  Although some of these have previously been viewed as related dialects rather than as distinct languages, since these have not been used online much or at all, it will not be necessary to map the newly created language codes back to [bnc].  (However, I personally wish I had more details on how if at all such content has been tagged online.)

Best,

C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com