Last call: Latvian (and Bontok) extlang subtags

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Feb 8 07:39:40 CET 2010

Michael Everson scripsit:

> Oh, I really don't think we should discriminate in that way. Latvians
> important, Bontocs not. No, no.

No, no.  "lv" a widely used tag, "bnc" not.  Not the same thing at all.
These two-part tags exist only for the sake of backward compatibility
with what's already in use, and "bnc" is not (to speak of) in use.

--
John Cowan   cowan at ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
I am he that buries his friends alive and drowns them and draws them