Machine Translation

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Sep 11 06:41:45 CEST 2009

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> I thought Debbie's colleague(s) expressed the use case rather clearly.
> They want to be able to distinguish between Welsh written by a human and
> Welsh generated by a machine, and filter out the latter for one reason
> or another.  "Written by a human" and "generated by a machine" are not
> attributes of Welsh per se, and not even really attributes of the text,

Although they may be discovered, with more or less reliability, from
the text, just as language can be.  Translation produced by a machine
can be detected by many persons and some machines.

"The serene chaos that is Courage, and the phenomenon   cowan at ccil.org
of Unopened Consciousness have been known to the        John Cowan
Great World eons longer than Extaboulism."
"Why is that?" the woman inquired.
"Because I just made that word up", the Master said wisely.
        --Kehlog Albran, The Profit             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan