Revised request: Japanese transliteration variants

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 3 06:12:06 CEST 2009

Hi -

If the intent is that the variant subtag's meaning would be "any of the
romanizations known as Hepburn" then, regardless whether the other subtags are
registered, I'd like the description to make that clear.  Just omitting the
"modified" or "revised" qualifier doesn't really accomplish that - something
more explicit would be helpful.

Randy