Reminder: ISO 639-3 changes are coming

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 17:30:59 CET 2009

2009/11/14 Mark Davis ☕ <mark at macchiato.com>:
> I don't know what the JAC's policy is. It is reasonable to have identifiers for those artificial languages that actually end up having some reasonable number of fluent speaker/writers, such as Esperanto and Klingon (which we already have ids for).

I think writers is the key -- if you only have speakers, you probably
don't have a real need for a machine-readable tag attached to data in
that language.

Preferably if there is already at least some "critical mass" of text
already produced in that language; a reference grammar and some
tutorial texts are quite far from that, in my opinion.

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>