New record and form for 'Zinh' (was: Re: Last call for ISO 15924-based updates)

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Fri Mar 20 13:56:17 CET 2009

>>> ... I like this hypothetical proposal.
>>
>> I'm happy with that.  I formally propose it.
>
> Doug, make it so.

Here are the new proposed record and registration form.  This restarts
the two-week review period as per Section 3.5.  In fact, I would suggest
that we submit this to IANA on or after 2009-04-03 along with the 35 ISO
639-2-based changes.

Please take particular note of items 4 and 6 on the registration form.

===

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2009-04-03
%%
Type: script
Subtag: Zinh
Added: 2009-04-03
%%

===

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

1. Name of requester: Doug Ewell
2. E-mail address of requester: doug at ewellic.org
3. Record Requested:

   Type: script
   Subtag: Zinh
   Added: 2009-04-03
   Comments: Not intended for use as a language subtag

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

   In the Unicode Standard, the "inherited" script property applies to
   an individual coded character, such as a combining diacritical mark,
   that inherits its script from the preceding character.

5. Reference to published description
   of the language (book or article):

6. Any other relevant information:

   This subtag corresponds to an ISO 15924 code element for "Code for
   inherited script" added 2009-02-23.  This code element was added to
   address a specific need in the Unicode Standard.  A Comment was
   added to indicate the intended use of this subtag.

===

http://www.ewellic.org