Last call for ISO 15924-based updates

Phillips, Addison addison at amazon.com
Tue Mar 17 16:13:10 CET 2009

> Section 3.5 talks about extending the review period in two-week
> increments, and doesn't say anything about short-circuiting any of
> them.
> I'm not going to complain if the Reviewer chooses to end this one
> early,
> mainly because it is an extension and because Comments fields can
> always
> be added later, but to avoid the risk of appeals in the future I
> wouldn't recommend we make a habit of this.

Section 3.5 says:

--
The Language Subtag Reviewer MAY also extend the review period in two week increments to permit further discussion. The Language Subtag Reviewer MUST indicate on the list whether the registration has been accepted, rejected, or extended following each two week period.
--

Decisions can only come at the END of a two-week period. Period. Short-circuiting a review period could lead to various unpalatable consequences.

Since we all actively expect 'Zinh' to have no value in a language tag, waiting the two weeks is hardly inconveniencing anyone.

Addison