Proposal to remove Preferred-Value field for region YU in LTRU

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sat Feb 21 22:13:04 CET 2009

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> As part of the production of a replacement Registry in draft-4645bis, it
> has been proposed to remove the Preferred-Value from "YU" -- as an LTRU
> change -- and optionally replace it with a Comments field such as
> "Comments: see BA, HR, ME, MK, RS, or SI".

IMHO we should have LTRU go ahead and do this.  When a new Registry is
installed, it should be as accurate and up-to-date as possible.  There is
no point in deferring this one change -- after all, in principle almost
*all* the new registry changes allowed by 4646bis could be deferred to
this list, but what's the point?

Furthermore, despite the technical distinction between LTRU and
ietf-languages, the person involved is the same, our very own Official
Doug.

--
Do what you will,                       John Cowan
   this Life's a Fiction                cowan at ccil.org
And is made up of                       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
   Contradiction.  --William Blake