Adding variant subtags 'aluku' and 'nduyka' and 'pamaka'fordialects

Phillips, Addison addison at amazon.com
Sun Aug 23 20:14:32 CEST 2009

> >> I would like to avoid having to process change forms for these
> >> three subtags again later. Isn't that reasonable?
> >
> > No. Our process is very simple and the current process allows for
> > errata correction of this nature without much rancor or fanfare.
>
> So when I change a name in ISO 15924 the new process will allow
> that to happen without endless discussion and debate? ;-)

When you change a name in ISO 15924, that change can be reflected here two weeks later, subject, of course, to the registration process. As the reviewer, you control how long discussion and debate continues.

> >> Wouldn't it be possible for (say) you and Doug and Peter to work
> >> with him over the next nine days to make a submission to the ISO
> >> 639 JAC?
> >
> > On what grounds would you be rejecting his request for three
> > variants? Or a request for a Description field? Do you have any
> > reason to believe that these changes would be factually incorrect?
>
> Did I mention the word "reject"?

By inference, yes you have. You are required to accept, reject, or extend debate on any request following the two week review period. You're not proposing to extend debate on these requests in two-week increments (which must be done by saying so on this list) for, oh, say the next five to eighteen months are you? And you're proposing not to accept them in the mean time.

> My question stands.

Alas, you failed to address mine either. What is wrong with this solution?

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.