Adding variant subtags 'aluku' and 'nduyka' and 'pamaka'fordialects

Phillips, Addison addison at amazon.com
Sun Aug 23 18:28:02 CEST 2009

> On 23 Aug 2009, at 02:32, Phillips, Addison wrote:
>
> >> and that I file a change request to ISO-639-3 to have the
> language
> >> itself called "busi nenge". Is that so?
> >
> > Michael Everson (the Language Subtag Reviewer) needs to determine
> > whether there is both consensus and whether the registration is
> thus
> > justified, when the two week review period has ended. That will
> > occur on the 28th of August, I believe.
>
> In terms of nomenclature and minimization of effort I would be
> happier
> if the requester would deal with the ISO 639-3 matter first, and
> then
> return here to ask for the three dialect subtags after the ISO 639-
> 3
> matter had been resolved.

Do you mean to reject his requests? The fact that the requester doesn't care for the label on the parent language seems unrelated to his request for subtags to identify dialects of that language. There doesn't seem to be any dispute that the language itself exists, nor the various variations of it.

The requester has patiently waited to register these variants and appears to have a need for the subtags. Why do you think these requests should be denied?

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.